The 60-minute tour that includes a 1.49 mile walk through the building should be very interesting! We thank you for your service, military men and women! You’ll also visit the 9/11 Pentagon Memorial outside of the building for a quiet remembrance to those who lost their lives that fateful day. (A total of 60 spots available.)
Please read the very important security information below.
Out of stock
Very Important Security Information for the Tour:
In order to ensure everyone’s safety and security, these guidelines must be followed when taking a tour of the Pentagon. There are no exceptions to these rules and non-compliance will cause the tour to be terminated.
- Tour groups are to check in with the tour window located inside the visitor’s center 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time. It is recommended to arrive 60 minutes prior to your scheduled tour to ensure ample time to go through Security. Group tours that are not present at the scheduled time will be cancelled. Have your confirmation letter available to show the Pentagon Police upon arrival at the Pentagon at the Metro entrance. This letter will also be verified at the Pentagon Tour window.
- The following items are prohibited inside the building: weapons of any sort (i.e., knives, box cutters, mace, pepper spray, etc.) and large bags (i.e., knapsacks, camera bags, backpacks and shopping bags, etc.). However, purses are permitted but are subject to search if brought into the building. Anyone with the mentioned items will not be allowed on the tour with such items. Also no food and/or beverages are permitted on the tour.
- The following items are permitted inside the building, but cannot be used along the tour route: electronic devices (i.e., cell phones, picture cameras, video cameras, PDAs, BlackBerries, laptops, etc.) and tobacco products. You are encouraged to not bring these items inside the building as it will slow the security processing into the building.
- Proper identification (ID) must be shown to building security. Below are the guidelines to follow when requesting visitor access into the Pentagon Facilities:
- Ages 18 and up – At least one form of proper identification, which must be current and contains a photograph, is required to enter the Pentagon. A valid form of identification can be found on the Pentagon Tours website under the Tour Guidelines.
- Ages 17 and under – No identification is required when accompanied by an adult with a DoD Building Pass or one of the above forms of identification.
All visitors will still undergo the same thorough security screening by Pentagon Force Protection Agency personnel.